It's Been Awhile

It's been awhile since I posted here, and in that time I notice that Google has decided to delete most of the photos I had linked to. Such are the joys of using a hosted blog.

One of the reasons I've been gone so long is because life has become incredibly busy. I've started a monetized blog, the Nate Drescher Blog (here) which is self-hosted. That means nobody can decided to delete my shit (I'm looking at you, Google). I've also ramped up my language business, NLingua. I've got a business license, a dozen teachers working for me, an advertising budget and a rotating customer base in Kitchener-Waterloo, Guelph and Toronto, with a new site opening in Ottawa at the end of the year. To finance this without borrowing I'm working a full-time job at another startup in Guelph.

Then there is the biggest news of my year: in September I'm going to be a father. We found out in January that Katya was six weeks pregnant, which means we conceived right around the time her grandfather passed away in Ukraine. The pregnancy is HUGE for us, and for Katya in particular.

She's far from home and the only support network she has is me and my uncle and aunt here in Guelph. Thankfully she qualifies for parental leave after being here more than 3 years. 

So in addition to two full-time jobs, all the stress of growing my own business and working on a monetized blog as well as freelancing articles for various magazines, I'm going to be a father.

You can understand why I haven't been writing on my hobby blog!

Please forgive me. I promise I'll update more regularly from now on. There's so much to write about!

Comments

Popular Posts